Our History

The restaurant is set in a building dating from 1893 located directly on Place St-Henri. This square was originally the heart of the neighborhood and the original core of St-Henri. The public buildings were all there and formed a meeting place.

 

Nowadays, the neighborhood is gradually regaining its dynamism and we believe that the establishment of the restaurant in this spirit and in the urban context contributes actively to this metamorphosis.

The renovation and development, carried out under the direction of Dimension 3 architecture, are sober and warm. The basic intervention at the conceptual level aimed at denuding the building to the maximum to restore its soul. The interior spaces are inter-connected and inter-communicating as evidenced by the layout of the main kitchen opening onto the main dining room.

The respect and development of raw materials, stone, wood, concrete, combined with the integration of current technologies have also guided the entire design and construction process.

From the perspective of respect for the environment and sustainable development, many efforts have been made to recycle and recover / reuse materials. The use of local materials / suppliers (Quebec wood, furniture manufactured locally ...) as well as the use of equipment with reduced consumption (LED lighting, low consumption toilets, high efficiency ventilation / evacuation systems, etc.) also been advocated.